Health Benefits Open Enrollment
Health Benefits Open Enrollment Dates
October 1, 2013 – October 16, 2013 and a second session from October 16, 2013-October 31, 2013
Your current benefits will rollover for the calendar year January 2014, if you are not making any changes.
You must re-enroll to continue your Flexible Spending Account(s) into the new calendar year.
Regular Employees must use the 24/7 Interactive Voice Response (IVR) System to make any changes to benefits by calling (410-669-3893 or 1-888-578-6434) and Contractual Employees must complete the Direct Pay Enrollment Form.
- You will be required to give your PIN number for the (IVR) which is your birth date using four digits (i.e., April 16 is “0416”) and your social security number.
- If you are making changes such as additions, remember to provide documentation (i.e., marriage certificate, birth certificates and affidavits for family members) within 30 days of your call
- Dependent children are covered up to the age of 26 years
- All plans offer Wellness and Disease Management Programs – Diabetes, Hypertension, etc.
- Visit the State of MD’s website for the full benefits guide and additional forms: www.dbm.maryland.gov, click on “Health Benefits”.
- Minnesota Life is the new term life insurance and personal accident and dismemberment insurance company.
The Maryland Benefits Exchange notice is attached to alert all employees of their opportunity to select health insurance benefits beginning onOctober 1, 2013 which become effective on
January 1, 2014. Enrollment begins on October 1, 2013 and runs through March 31, 2014. You may access the following links for additional information: http://marylandhbe.com, www.aging.maryland.gov, and www.mdinsurance.state.md.us.
Regular and Contractual Enrollment forms, rates and instructions are included in this email.
If you have any additional questions, please feel free to contact Marie Armstrong, Benefits Coordinator, at 443-885-4413.